Moodle offers Safe Exam Browser.
Safe Exam Browser is a customized web browser that must be downloaded and installed on the computer that the student uses to attempt the quiz. The restrictions placed on students are similar to those in pop-up window case, but because Safe Exam Browser is software running on the student's computer, it can do a much more effective job of restricting their actions. If you select this option:
Or you may want to try a subscription with Respondus for LockDown Browser (https://web.respondus.com/he/lockdownbrowser/).
LockDown Browser® is a custom browser that locks down the testing environment within a learning management system. LockDown Browser is the “gold standard” for securing online exams in classrooms or proctored environments. If you select this option:
- Assessments are displayed full-screen and cannot be minimized.
- Browser menu and toolbar options are removed, except for Back, Forward, Refresh and Stop.
- Prevents access to other applications including messaging, screen-sharing, virtual machines, and remote desktops
- Printing and screen capture functions are disabled.
- Copying and pasting anything to or from an assessment is prevented.
- Right-click menu options, function keys, keyboard shortcuts and task switching are disabled.
- An assessment cannot be exited until the student submits it for grading.
- Assessments that are set up for use with LockDown Browser cannot be accessed with other browsers.